Sunday, January 15, 2006

Artist still?

There is an art show going on Memphis soon. The deadline for entries is in March. I want to enter -- to do something like this again. I have a few months, and free time to work on it as well. I have to make myself the will and the confidence for it though.

We went to Jackson today to try to find J a new wedding ring. He lost his ring just before we left for Minnesota. The store didn't have his size, so we have to order it out of a catalog. It is so hard to find plain gold bands! The lady at the counter acted very strange, as if we were too young or she really didn't think we were married at all.

Salamander just tried to jump into my lap and slammed into my elbow instead. She is rubbing her head and looking up at me pitifully. Poor little cat! I hardly ever know exactly when she is going to 'lapland' soon enough to be ready for it. Of course, like a little kid, I have to pick her up and comfort her.. then see if she walks straight~!

I'm knitting a few dishcloths again, but have to focus on the artwork if I want to have something to enter. With the amount of time that has gone by since I picked up my pens --- you would never guess I have an degree in printmaking and drawing. :o( I'll scan in some of my attempts tomorrow.

2 comments:

Chris said...

You can do it!! That would be really cool. :D

Poor kitty brain. After a big thunk like that, I always worry - if the brain is the size of a walnut, how many thunks can it take?!!

RheLynn said...

I just hope Sally is a 'good nut' still ;o) I did worry when Willow sat in the chair, put her paws around Sally and licked her head until she fell asleep. They are both up and active now though!