Tuesday, March 11, 2008

This is... the view from my front door

Brooke at Boobooksausagedogs has the "This is..." theme for today and I just can't resist any longer. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to play - but this bears sharing anyway :) I was over at Net's and Jhoanna's blogs and saw out their front doors this morning too. It made me miss our woods - which are right outside MY front door.



This is... out my front door
There is a white dog named Bunny there too, at the foot of the tree.


We do have the fortune at the moment to live among some beautiful cedar, pine, oak and sycamore forest in Western Tennnessee, United States. The woods here feel like where I grew up in Northern Minnesota, just with less snow. They have the similar rolling hills, wooded forest, rocky outcrops and trailing rivers of the area along Scenic Hwy 38 that runs from Grand Rapids to Marcell, MN and beyond. I spent most of my childhood and teenage years running around that area, climbing rocks, finding lakes and getting vehicles stuck in the mud. I do less of the latter lately ;) but I still do go walk in the woods.

8 comments:

mrspao said...

What a wonderful view!

Chris said...

Pretty!

Unknown said...

inspired as well. you'll be seeing out my front door soon. This very evening perhaps. I need to take some pictures anyway :)

boobook said...

nice work!!
I'm glad you joined in.
You should pop over to Angela's blog...threebuttons.blogspot.com.
She is the lovely one who started it all.
Moca says hi to Bunny

Anonymous said...

It looks so beautiful! Like there's so much space and it sounds like a place where you'd feel really free and like you could breathe. I love what you said about climbing rocks and finding lakes.

The trees look so TALL as well, like you must feel really small walking amongst them. Everything seems so much bigger and more open in the US, here in the UK everyone is squashed up in each others faces all the time!

Jennifer said...

That is a gorgeous view!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow - such a beautiful view. That kind of view would inspire me no end and I would always have the front door open!

.girl ferment. said...

gorgeous!