Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Crafting365: day 29; On My Desk are... Six Aliens!


For On My Desk today I have Six Alien Monsters, Special Limited Editions. Mark says I should call them the Beatles, or the Elton John Alien Monsters with those bright colors. Some are waiting for their features to actually be sewn down.

What else is on my desk? More fabric to make brightly colored rag dolls. A diecutter from Mark's old army surplus stuff that I'm using to make price tags for MamaMade and a rabbit pattern that will soon be stacking up lots of Michael Miller Carnival Bloom rabbits.

My best friend from high school called last night. She was going to let her kids go to their dad's for a few months while she moves. I said I still couldn't leave Esme for more than ten minutes without feeling that 'Where is my baby?' twinge. I've still never left her with anybody else for more than six hours. My best friend said 'Oh, that's just a New Mommy Thing, it'll pass. You'll WANT to hand them off...' She might have been kidding... but the sentence struck me. I truly hope I never get that feeling about my daughter. Even when she's crying at the top of her lungs I want her just as fiercely as when she was born. Maybe I want her to go to sleep and give me a few minutes peace, but I never want her to go away.


Other things I want to get done soon:
  • A pair of soft-soled shoes for Esme that fit
  • Finish up these aliens
  • A fabric 'ABC' book for Esme (at least the A,B & C)
  • Finish elastic in the four pairs of pants sitting behind the sewing machine

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

I love the spotted aliens.

Jennifer said...

Those are awesome spotted aliens!

About the mommy thing. I love and adore my children, but sometimes I do get so tired. It's nice to have a short break so I can come back refreshed to them. I find myself missing them the whole time though.

Anonymous said...

Those aliens are great!

Kirsty said...

The aliens are FABULOUS & there is no way I could be without my kids. We went away for 3 nights for our 10th anniversary & it was too long.

mrspao said...

Awesome aliens :)

I think we'll all be different about our attitudes to our children. My mum was so protective of me even when I was a teen.

Unknown said...

Yeah.. thats the "commission" it was more of a barter really- for a haircut.. but its a FAB haircut so it was worth it.. It was such a weird concept I really had to do it :)

btw... I love love LOVE those aliens.

Anonymous said...

Haha - the Alien Beatles :-) Love the spotty fabric and they look like so much fun all together on your desk. Your rag dolls are so adorable too!!