Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Books


I've been weaving a white string bag the last couple of nights - and it has progressed very quickly. The weave is not as tight as the dreambag, but not 'loose' either. I'm hoping to make it into a nice little zippered pouch he can keep his corncob pipe, lighter and leather  pouch together in.


Waiting to be sewn to a lining and sewn together.



While still warped up on a picture frame.



An illustration from: Little Bear's Friend by Else Minarik

This was another book I couldn't pass up from my childhood - the Little Bear series by Else Minarik. I remember having a copy of this and just looking through all the pictures again and again until I could read it for myself. The volume I bought off Ebay had three books combined in it, which will be great for reading to Bazooka when she is born.

Also got a copy of Eating Well When You're Expecting - the nutrition book that goes along with What to Expect When You're Expecting. We're already six months in - but there are still things in here to be of use, as well as eating reccommendations for breastfeeding and post-partum.



This book comes at a good time, as I'm in another 'eating surge' - where I get hungry OFTEN. That's hard when I've already gained the 25 lbs the doctor wanted as a top limit *eek* - but where is that 25 lbs? I feel bigger, I look bigger in some places, but 25 lbs? One thing I don't do enough of anymore is walking quickly - (yes I still can!) and that feels really good on my knees and legs when I get a good speed up. Took a good long walk today in the early morning and felt a nice stretch in muscles that had been lacking for a while.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boogie LOVES Little Bear! She has all the books and we read them constantly it seems!

Chris said...

Oh, I remember Little Bear, too!

Jeanne said...

I don't think I've run into Little Bear before. I love the illustration.

Carrie K said...

I don't remember ever seeing Little Bear either but that illustration is darling.

Can I do the Dangers of Smoke lecture? Or have you already heard it? ;)

The weaving is looking good!

Rhiannon said...

I loved the Little Bear books as well!!

May I suggest what my sister and I both thought was a great baby foods book... "Super Baby Food" by Ruth Yaron. It does a great job of listing the foods you can add to your baby's diet each month of her life. Plus it has great recipes and fun stuff to do.