Monday, July 16, 2007

As the Tummy Grows...

First of all: Thank you to Shannah for adopting a bunny! I'm glad he's going to a good home with Gort and Co. ;)



I'm starting to feel the stretch now. Even the size 14 jeans (which I bought in April) are getting a little too tight at the belt - although they are still baggy everywhere else. My silhouette is looking very strange, but normal for pregnancy.. stomach way out in front and back oddly curved in. I'm starting to look in the mirror and long for my waist. Then I feel a shift in movement in there and think three more months!

I'm looking forward to the day I can twist my body in any sort of gymnastic contortion I want to, without worrying about hurting Bazooka. I used to have a lot of fun doing that with my body - and hanging from my arms, etc... if I hadn't broken bones (plural) I would have stayed in gymnastics and martial arts as a teenager :( However, accident-prone doesn't go well with organized sports ;)

My belly button is starting to disappear, actually turn itself inside out. I had a very deep 'innie' belly button that is now approaching flat.

The headache on Friday did put me down - and we've been pretty busy since. There's still more to do later on today. I went up and did some more work on Saturday and you would not believe I left Kelba leashed in the car for a LONG time when I got back, well after sunset. I completely forgot about her - and she didn't say a word. This is a coonhound people - she didn't say a word, just waited for us to come back and get her. The pregnancy 'absent-mindedness' might be taking effect now too :( Luckily she didn't seem traumatized by it and I hope I NEVER do anything like that again!

On the craft front: I've knit two dishcloths during my 'I can't sleep' hours at night and have about 1/2 way woven on a cotton string bag that is a much looser weave than the dreambag. I have it strung up on a picture frame and it is weaving up very quickly.

4 comments:

mrspao said...

Three months will fly by! You won't know where the time has gone. I'm sure Kelba understands.

Carrie K said...

Dishcloths will come in handy! Aw, poor Kelba. Glad to hear that she was fine and that so are you after that nasty headache.

Baby Bazooka. LOL

Chris said...

Oh, my brother was nearly following my SIL everywhere by the end, to keep track of things - she was a menace, to herself and all around her!!

Lynn said...

Oh boy.
You are sparking deja vu for me here.
I remember all of that.
Don't wish the pregnancy to speed much, cuz once you are busy with the baby you will wish you relished in your personal time more, while you could.