Sunday, July 08, 2007

Softie Adoptions

Click Here to See my Softie toy shop!

I have a proposal to make. If you would like to swap for any of the little creatures below, please post a comment here. Also say which creature you would like to trade for. These softies need to be adopted to good homes before I embark on a much more complicated project...


From L to R: Blue Bear, Red Rabbit, All-Pink Rabbit, Brown Rabbit, Pink Birdie Rabbit, Pink kitty, Yellow Bear


From L to R: Set of three knit rabbits, bird pincushion, white rabbit.


I've finally decided to get a sewing machine, although it might take a month or so to actually happen. I've been mostly against using sewing machines on softies. I'm very quick and detailed with a hand-sewing needle. It seems like the toys have more personality when handsewn, more care and detail put into them. Also sewing on a machine is more difficult because many of my projects are 6 inches or smaller. However, the new projects are going to be larger, and more complicated. I think it's about time to dive in and get a sewing machine that can do long straight stretches.

So, tell your other knitblog friends (if you'd like), that these stuffed animals are looking for good homes. Possible swap materials would be a bit of an interesting fabric, some felt, ribbons, buttons, a skein or two of cheap wool or cotton yarn etc...

Some of these animals are still for sale at my Etsy shop and have been reduced in price. If you don't want to swap the price on them would help towards the sewing machine. Once I arrange a swap I'll remove them from the shop.

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Hi! I just found your blog from a photo pool on Flickr, and I was wondering if you'd be interested in trading for anything in my Etsy shop. I may also have some of the supply items you mentioned needing in your post, in case you'd rather do that. I'm absolutely in love with your pink birdie bunny or your little knitted bunnies.

Here is my Etsy link: http://www.howtouseart.etsy.com
I can also make a custom item just for you, if you'd like, but I will totally understand if you're not interested - just thought I'd ask. :)

Keep up the awesome work!