Monday, July 23, 2007

Pogo-ing at 50%, check back later for full recharge...





Baby Update: I could swear she has my thermostat on call in there -- in the morning I am freezing cold and sweating, and by the afternoon I am hot enough to strip. She is also MUCH more active the last few days - in frequency and strength. I can see her send the side of my stomach out about an inch when she gets a well-placed kick. I'll probably regret saying this later - but her kicks don't hurt yet, just feel like a hiccup going the wrong way.

My friend from high school suggested this is a good time to start reading to her, so for the past few days I've waited for her to be active and then read a chapter or so out of Little Bear. I've also been walking more than a mile every morning, weather allowing. It's a nice evenly paced walk - no pushing, and I'm not even tired when I get back, just warm, no matter what the temp is. I got an ankle brace for walking with today, hope it works - I have that one ankle I broke as a kid that has went out on me three times so far. No serious falls, and the ankle doesn't even hurt after it bends back the right way, but I end up with a bloody knee and a bit of worrying until I feel Bazooka kick again. Soon enough here, I'm going to have so much scar tissue on that other knee it just won't bleed!


Thanks for all the comments on the little shoes! I have plans for a few more small pairs (with alterations to the pattern) for back-ups :) They are so easy and fun to make!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Aw, Pogo!!

Does she kick things off your stomach yet?

Lynn said...

cute Pogo

Oh yes...falling pregnant, how ironic. Make a woman pregnant so she worries about falling, then stick a baby in her belly moving and shifting and throwing her balance off. Double edged sword.

Good idea with the brace.

My probs when I was pregnant was tripping over the dog.

Kris B said...

Glad to hear you are doing good and there are no major injuries from the ankle.

The baby moccasins are adorable.

mrspao said...

So cute! I'm very very excited for you!

Charles said...

GREAT! I saw your commeton adem's blog! You have great blog!

Anyway… I just start my“Knitting Video Cast” you can check it out and see what you think about and Comment me!

Thanks!
Charles