Sunday, July 29, 2007

A few more finished objects...



Two knit baby hats and a sewn pair of pants.

I used the size 3-6 mo. pink pair of pants from the flea market finds to make a pattern for some elastic-waisted cotton pants for Bazooka. This pair is a little smaller than the original, but I'll make a few larger pairs as well. I tried a few variations on baby hat patterns I found online. I liked the pattern for the pink hat much better than the green.

Pink hat: Size 6 DPN knitting needles and 'Simply Soft' yarn.
CO 66, split between needles and join to knit in the round.
Knit one row of garter stitch.
K5, P1 for 9 to 10 centimeters - then begin to decrease (row of K4, P2tog / row of K3, P2tog) etc decreasing the number of knit stitches until you reach a total P2tog row (Knit zero, purl 2 together) - break off long tail and draw yarn through all loops pulling tight and firmly secure ends of yarn.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

these are too cute.
Keep showing us so we know what you have.
My pkg is building.
I am very excited!

mrspao said...

How cute :)

Jeanne said...

Such cute stuff you are making!

Anonymous said...

Everything is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Very cute!

Chris said...

Someone is nesting! :)