Sunday, September 10, 2006

Squint's Amazing Journey

Squint travels from Tennessee to California for a new family.

One more Nap on Mr.J's lap
He slept part of the way to Memphis.
I also played with him some to 'run down his kitten batteries.'
I sent along his wool mouse toy and a green dishcloth I finished knitting this morning.


He took to Kellen's husband Randy right away!
He sniffed him and studied his face.
At one moment, he nosed him under the chin - almost as if to say
'So, you're a new person - will we be friends too?'

He didn't like the plane carrier much.
Kellen said he didn't like the escalators at the airport either.


Update from Kellen: Squint reportedly had other airline passengers admiring him and doting on him! He rode most of the way in Randy's lap, because he didn't like the carrier. While Randy was changing planes he rode on his shoulder through the airport. Wow! He has never been in a crowd before, so I'm really impressed at that!

Randy will get back late tonight with Squint - and he will get to meet Kellen for the first time. There are also two other kitties in the household, a lively playful Manx named Scout who sounds a lot like Sally - and a 14 lb. one-eyed Maine Coon Cat named Riley who will have to tell Squint who is boss! ;o) We'll have to see how that goes ;o)

Kellen also sent along a gorgeous journal she made by hand!

It is coated with beeswax and made with antique findings and inclusions! I'm speechless! Thank you Kellen! I hope you enjoy the little toy I sent along to you.

7 comments:

mrspao said...

How lovely. Squint sounds like he is going to enjoy his new home!

Ladeewolf said...

Sounds like Squint found a good home, and I was thinking maybe someone stole the other kitty, Cartman. I would rather have one stolen than dead.

Ladeewolf said...

I just reallized how cold that sounded. Years ago, I had a beautiful persian cat, my mother made me put it outside and 4 months later it came up missing. I heard from one of the neighbors that it had been stolen( I think someone really shot it) but I always preferred to think that the teenage girl that wanted it had taken it. I never looked-I didn't really want to know.

RheLynn said...

Thanks for all the hopes for Cartman going to someone - anyone -- but the office is so far away from anything else, 20 miles out in the woods from any town, more than 1000 feet from any neighbor - I doubt such a little thing as Cartman found a person who took her away :o( :o( Ever since we put up a fence to keep the dogs in, there has visibly been foxes and hawks coming near the property to find rabbits and squirrels.

Mouse cat's response (where is she - I can't find her, have you seen her?) tells me it was likely a hawk or fox, something that stole her when her mom was out hunting and she was playing in the open :o( :o(

She's been gone since Friday night - I'm resigned :o( We hope to have Mouse spayed this week and become 'queen' of the office building.

Chris said...

*sniff* Yay, Squint!

Obsidian Kitten said...

Go Squint! What an amazing journey, i am so excited for him. (He is such a charmer, i'm sure the other passengers were simply enamoured of him...)

Those huge green eyes...what a trouper he is, too. I'm so happy for him that he's going to a good home with fun furry friends to make.

And what an awesome journal, too!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he found a good home, though I will surely miss him. What a little trooper he is!