Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day!

Rhiannon made a Knit Owl!
She did a wonderful job! I'm so impressed!
Thank you Rhiannon!


Knitting Confession
A sad attempt at a mitten I made back when I first started knitting.
documented here



Those kittens from July have grown up and are still hanging around - we call these two 'the twins' because they are always together. They even sleep curled up together.



I know I shouldn't - but I do feed them once in a while.

Mr.J and I walked around a landscaping store and took a drive out around the countryside today. We found one beautiful dirt road that reminded us a lot of Minnesota. Mr.J even said he was a little homesick. We're planning on going bowling, if the lanes are open. Mr.J really likes the nostalgia of bowling lately.

I did make myself sew up the pillow cover, so now we have two 'zabuton' floor pillows again!

Sally scared me badly by diving at my open scissors as I cut the fabric on the front room floor. Note to self: Do not cut large pieces of fabric while cats with monkey paws are around. She sat there staring at the process until almost the end - then dove so quickly I could barely pull the scissors away in time! SCARED!


I've knitted up another dishcloth and a half - and am working a few rows on other projects on my needles, such as the Vacation socks, knitted owl and Theatre Shawl. The Theatre Shawl is getting close to the right length now! A couple of more inches and it will be there. The circular needle it is on really hurts my wrists though - especially with all the typing I've been doing at work lately :o(

MagKnits has some exquisite sock and glove patterns right now! I really want to knit that pair of Seaside gloves on the 'cover' page - but the Alchemy Synchronicity yarn is 20.00 a skein online. Anybody have ideas for substitutions? It is 5 stitches to the inch and takes 230 yards. The Palette yarn from Knitpicks is 7.5 stitches to the inch.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the mitten. I'm not sure I'll every tackle mittens or gloves.

Jennifer said...

If you're going to go knitpicks route, what about Wool of the Andes or the worsted alpaca blend?

Chris said...

That's odd - usually circulars help wrists/hands...

The twins are lovely!

Rhiannon said...

I love the picture of the cats together eating!! Great Shot.

I fell in love with Karabella Aurora that I used for fetching. So soft and really nice shine. I don't know how the gauge compares, but it is probably close. It is not cheap, but at least it is less then the Alchemy.

Look for pics of the owl soon. Maybe tonight if I work hard! :)

mrspao said...

Aw kitten twins :) That photo is brilliant.

Kelly said...

You are such a softy. I probably could not resist feeding the kitties as well.

Anonymous said...

I am not looking at MagKnits. So far.

Aw, that's not a bad mitten! You should see my Frankenfingerless mitt.

Yikes! Bad Sally. Hez is freaking me out by sleeping on my cut out patterns. (Material, pattern, pins). I didn't realize that was her new cuddly spot. Pins?

Cute twins! I'd feed them too.