Sunday, September 03, 2006

She really did explaiknit it well --

By the title I mean ExplaiKnit, a really great blog which I found in a little blog-hopping expidition today. She has a wonderful description (and some history) of stranded knitting there - and a previous post about graphing charts for knitting, as well. I really learned a lot by reading these!

I'm playing with my own version of the knitted owl chart - because my sinuses did let up some, but not all.

If I can get myself up to it - I hope to run a simple pillow cover through the sewing machine and, if I'm ambitious, a new set of door curtains for the dining room. However, these are probably just pipe dreams that will remind me get it done later ;o) I've been kind of planning to run those through the machine for MONTHS. Instead, I nicely put them away in the front room and forgot about them. Now, they sit there taunting me, in a mostly clean room. I'd take more pictures, but even 'cleaned,' it isn't a pretty sight.

Sally says: Really Mom, you don't need to
finish this quilt - I like it the way it is!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES! I found the explaiknit blog awhile back and have learned much from there!

If I didn't have so many projects on needles, and a knitted cat to get on needles, I would volunteer an owl! Maybe sometime down the road!
Happy Labor Day!

Chris said...

I'm glad you're feeling at least a little better. Cute picture of Sally!

Obsidian Kitten said...

wow, i think you have the same panelling on your walls that we do...lol

you better not finish that, sally will be SO mad!