Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The People with the Funny Hats are here - Run!

In response to Chris' parade of scary hats:


"I’m sure the bobble hats didn’t help," said Hestia moodily.
Cupid nodded slightly. "Or the stripy mittens," he agreed.

from this story at Mythical Beast
at Vulpine's StoryBlog take a look!
I hope that counts as a reference, not a copy!


And I joined two groups, Socktoberfest and FiberFlix!

I still need to finish my second Vacation sock -- maybe this will push me over the edge ;o) Or... maybe not, if my circular needle comes! It is getting chilly here (nothing like Chris' 39F) and we have sadly acclimated to thinking 70F in the house in the morning is starting to get cold! I hope this shawl gets done soon, last year it was 48F in the house before we turned on the main heater!

I don't like to complain, but lately my blood pressure has been acting up again - making me feel like an unproductive invalid. Today is one of those days. My thinking gets a little fuzzy at these times too - and it's hard to remember what I was going to do next. Then it all clears up (usually with salt) and I'm normal again. It's been months since even a minor spell, and now, three major spells in a week that leave me in 'vertigo.' It could be worse, but it sucks all the same.

Playful Sally cat

No word yet on the Fourth of July kittens.
Hopefully they are still free and alive.
It makes me even more grateful for my beautiful girls Sally and Willow.



Squint and Scout
Squint and his other new friend, Scout.
Kellen says all the cats love this particular chair!

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

I broke down and turned on the heat last night. It was 60 in the house and I feel like a complete wimp, but really, it was for the cats, not me.

mrspao said...

Aaaww Squint is really settling in nicely :)

Anonymous said...

Squint is so precious.

I hope you're taking care of yourself. Big squishy hug headed your way.

Chris said...

I still have windows open!! :)

Squint looks so content!

Obsidian Kitten said...

GOOOOOO Squint! =)
My lil hero...

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased the Scout has taken to Squint so quickly! Whenever I've introduced a new kitty in my house, the hissing and growling goes on for weeks before acceptance finally wins out!