Monday, February 14, 2005

Sheepfeeding Mittens

I finished one 'mitten'. It IS functional, but a lot of room for improvement. I didn't use any particular pattern besides my own hand. The decreases at the top of the fingers need to be improved upon greatly. Towards the bottom of the hand the wrist needs to be tightened and stitches from the thumb opening probably need to be passed to a holder instead of just picked up. The mitten might make a good hand-puppet, or, if I finish another somewhat similar one, I could use them to feed the sheep somewhere down the line here ;o)

-Rhe

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

Now that I know more - my sheepfeeding mitten looks a lot, in shape, like a Latvian mitten. Go figure. Mine just had simple birdseye and diagonal stripes for a pattern though. And I never finished the second one.

RheLynn said...

I want to make these mittens!.