Sunday, July 23, 2006

We're Back, Finally!

WARNING: extremely picture-heavy. I missed my girls ;o)

We are back! The girls were out of food when we got here, but it must not have been long, because they didn't want much of their tuna treat. I'm quite surprised they were out, as we left two huge plates, piled with dry food. Our friend also stopped by and said they had plenty on Friday night.

At the house, we were greeted with lots of plaintative meows, in two octaves, as soon as we had the key turned in the lock. Then, we were thoroughly sniffed, lap-landed on and head-rubbed. For a few minutes, we had needy, kneady kitties who jumped at every pin drop and bag rustle, but the girls now say 'All is right with the world.'

We got back six hours earlier than the original plan, as the entire crew was packed and ready to leave at breakfast. Mr.J wants to go to a movie tonight, and, IMHO, that is cruel to stop by for three hours then leave for three more!

Hmm.. Smells like Cincinatti.
You can see some sock knitting did occur.

We were fairly good this time,
But - next time, I promise DESTRUCTION! ... maybe.


They did knock a lot of stuff over in the house, but nothing broken.
I cleaned and organized all night before we left - can you even tell now? They hit the living room (shown) hardest, but left the other rooms pretty decent. Even when we are here, their games of hop-chase get pretty intense!


Tuna Bribery: It just might get you out of this one.
Why don't we get the 'good china' though?

If this suitcase moves again, I'm pouncing on it!

This thermos of miso soup is quite... fishy.

WHAT? You are going for another trip in August?
Didn't you learn anything from this??

Your Vacation Rights are Revoked!
just kidding - but let's see you get me off here!

4 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome back!! Hee hee - that last picture reminds me of Chaos on my duffle when I got back from the Midwest Master's!

Crazy For Yarn In Alabama said...

You'll probably find cat food stashed all over the house....no doubt they anticipated your early arrival and hid their surplus food in an attempt to make you feel guilty obout "abandoning" them, leaving them to "survive" on their own.....let's not forget...cats ARE the original drama queens!! LOL!! I know you are glad to be home and they are too!!

Jennifer said...

Awww, they missed you!

Carrie K said...

Welcome home! Those pictures and captions are funny and oh, so very true!!

Did you go to the movies? Should I just read the later post? I'm reading them in order. I am so behind.