Thursday, July 27, 2006

Kitten Update (after vet)

Little Red and Black

They all went to the vet, and Squint got his abcessed wound lanced and treated. He has antibiotics, which seemed to make a big difference right away. A motherly dog here at the office cleaned his wound as if he were a puppy - and it went from something that made me shudder to looking like a healing burn. It still hurts him a lot, but isn't weeping and smelling bad. I think he'll make it. He was up and walking more today and drank tuna juice out of his medicine syringe (very happily!)

Pics!

All three little kittens, Squint in top left hand, Little Red on bottom clowning off, and Black/Smoke Gray up in top right corner.

Sally: Please give me back my house!


Sally is NOT happy, at all - and is even mad at me, almost constantly. Willow is fine with me, knows she is loved, but is very confused by the squeaky kittens. She comes over when they cry, then looks at me and cries too, and hides behind me. Sally just hisses at them, then makes unhappy meow at me and runs away. :o(

Picture of Squint <-- he still looks a little beat up, but better than before. Not graphic, just not especially 'cute' pic, either.

Squint is up and walking around, but he gets tired quickly. He is also eating more and his bad eye is open more. He gets up and follows his siblings a little bit, then falls asleep on the towel. Little Red is always hungry, and Black/Smoke Gray is a feisty little kitten who is always wrestling.

8 comments:

Carrie K said...

Awwww. Poor baby kitties. Yay for Squint's healthy rebound! He's so cute. They all are. That mama dog is sweet.

Anonymous said...

Oh YEA!!!! I'm so glad they are doing better!!!

Marina said...

Aww, he's got one year down & one, up. Poor baby!

You must be very special to do this. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

The kitties are so cute!!!! I"m so glad that they're doing better.

Jennifer said...

Poor little kitties. I'm glad that Squint is feeling better.

stuffed said...

Oh, the poor babies. Squint is so cute. I used to have a one eyed hamster so I'm partial to Squints. You must have excellent karma. :)

Chris said...

I'm so glad that he's better!! They are adorable. Your girls will just have to deal, right??

Lynn said...

Oh Geeze RheLynn I missed alot!

I was also busy and kept only getting through part of my list of blogs each day. Ended up having to get a new Window in Living room -Ugg money! Then the two tornadoes hit us a week or so ago, and had storm after storm so power was out. I knew I missed stuff, but WOW kittens!

I will try the 5 things.
Five things about me....

1)We call ourselves a big family cuz we take in people at times who need a little help for one reason or another-My Husband calls them Lynn's Strays

2)My purse consists of a square pouch slightly bigger than a credit card. The pouch has a key ring on it. It is stuffed full of cards. Not credit cards, but membership cards to everything. In Canada we can pay every purchase with a special ATM in every store called a debit. This is not a credit card you spend a line of credit on. The cards are attached to your actual bank account. So Canadians never carry cash. So there is a debit card for every bank account I have, and a membership card that gives me purchasing points at almost every store I shop at. We can redeem the points to purchas stuff when we accumulate enough. At the drug store you can even get points for your prescriptions, and when you build up enough points you can get $75.00 of items from the drug store on points alone.

3)I am psychic and I am a healer

4)I married my Dad's best friend

5)Every one of my pregnancies was a twin pregnancy and the second twin did not survive. So my sons have twin trait. They were never told they had a twin each until they were in their teens. Yet they refused to sleep in their own beds or rooms until they were 12 or so. They slept together in a bed and they had a secret language and they are very close to eachother and protective. The Dr said it is because their subconscious was always looking for their twin.