Thursday, July 29, 2010

bits

Finished that purple gingham dress from a while back..... I don't expect it to last very long, as the edges of the fabric were trying to fray on the machine while I was sewing it. I didn't even put a zipper in it, just a hook and eye -- because I didn't want to take all that time on it. It should last a few wearings and maybe a washing or two. At least the hour or two I spent on it won't be considered a complete loss. UPDATE: It was a complete loss... *growl* oh well. That fabric wouldn't even lay down right when she wore it - it stuck out everywhere unexpectedly.

This in anticipation of maybe starting some new projects.

I switched my schedule around for tomorrow (Friday) to be the closing shift. I'm also starting to wonder if business will ever pick up and what I should be doing with my time again. Work is so slow.. and there are no commissions when the customers aren't there. I get paid salary as well, and it is decent for this area. I looked at a few other similar and higher jobs I could be qualified for - and they are not paying as well. *sigh* thoughts...

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Sorry to hear about the dress -- that must be frustrating.

Good luck on the job front. Let me know if you ever walk to talk it through with someone. I can call you.