Monday, April 27, 2009

A few notes

More words I think I've heard from Esme lately:
'need that', 'I want that', 'sleeping' for animals or Daddy when they are sleeping, yea!(yes), uh uh uh (don't do that - usually directed at animal), and I'm hearing 'done' more often than before. I could also swear she is calling the new puppy 'my doggie' We've named the new puppy Iggy after Iggy Pop (Iggy Pup.. get it?)

Esme is doing more 'herding' of items back and forth. Upstairs last night she drug a 20 lbs+ bucket of carabiners across the room and started 'counting' them out to Mark on the desk. 'two', 'thee', (babble), 'thee' etc... Downstairs in the kitchen she puts magnetic fridge letters in the trolley cart and drags it to the dishwasher to put the letters there - then puts them back in the trolley cart and drags it to the stove - and puts the letters behind the stove, and then back to the cart etc etc... she is trying to both count the letters and say some of the new names I've been telling her. Although, she doesn't get all of them right - 'G' is now said to the letters C, G and H... *hmm*

I have Tuesday and Wednesday off this week. We might go to the flea market. My mom called me the other night and I printed off several pages of text from this blog and some pictures to send her today. We're getting a set of dollhouse dolls in the mail soon for Esme - interested to see what she'll think of those.

Extra note: Esme has shown us she can open the lever-style doorknobs in the house now. She can't always get them, but if she tries enough she can. Oh boy! Good thing the 'to the outside' doors all have round knobs!

No comments: