Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Willowpede channels Confucius...

Woman with wet paintbrush should not bat at mosquito.


Heh, I painted more at the office today. I do wish Willowpede had channeled Confucius before I got paint flying through the air. At least it was latex, and I'm washable.. and most of what it hit was expendable ;o) **ie dirt, old trailer, other boards to be painted etc**

Cast on my mom's NEW slipper sock and have gotten to the instep decreases. I love Socks101. I darned three holes in the brown house socks! I'm telling myself some kitten named Salamander might have chewed on it. She has taken a liking to wool fiber. I found her chewing on one of our wool blankets, and previously on one of these socks. I can just imagine if we get our sheep and I start spinning wool! The trouble we will be in then...

Willow's burned foot is healing somewhat. She has me worried with it though. She got on the stove late last week at the office. She started limping on it yesterday (after a whole weekend of it looking okay) and it had changed color. We put some camphor spray on it today and she did not approve at all.

Willow and Sally have little brothers and sisters at the office. Two of them are stub-tailed. Their dad (and Willow's too, probably) is a Manx. He really does look like that picture! One of the new kittens looks just like Willow, he is a boy though and does have a tail. The two tail-less are a yellow and white tom and a girl that is gray with speckles. She is the most fearless and the most noisy. J helped to name her Ewok. She looks sort of like a little wokling. She has that hair thing going on and the big eyes, that's for sure.

Well, off to make biscuits and a cake. It is 65 degrees out and falling. We really can't believe this is Fall in the South. My poor mom has 39 degrees and falling up in Minnesota!

No comments: