Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Dischloth Daze or Dazzle?

I'm starting to wonder if my knitting style is from another planet... or what.

Conquering Yarn-Over
I finally got the 'yarn over' that was eluding me. It wasn't difficult, but it was different. The book I had was no help at all. The video on KnittingHelp showed me part of what was wrong...

I hold the yarn in front of my needles, and the lady in the video is scooping her yarn from behind the needles. Once I realized THAT was my problem - everything clicked. Pulling the yarn back out in front of my needles from underneath solved it all. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me! If the yarn came off the needle entirely when I did this, I knew I had the yarn wrapped in the wrong direction.


The Result
My dishcloth looks just like the pattern picture! I'm partway through a second one and hoping the yarn ball will go that far.


Starting over on the hat! Can't let one failure stop you from trying... thanks!

No comments: