Sunday, October 16, 2005

Fall begins



Here is a pic that shows both of the kittens, Sally and Willowpede. I finished the white house socks, after much much procrastinating. I left them on the needles in my yarn box for the better part of four months, with just six rows and grafting left to do on the second sock. It took coming down with the flu and having the brown socks in the wash to make me go and finish them.

Knitting headbands and earmuffs for biking. People don't seem to bike much here in our town. I think this is the time of the year (50-60 degree weather starts again) they consider 'cold'. Today was 75 degrees though, and biking felt good.

I am drooling over yarn again online. All the names and textures. And not a single yarn shop for over 100 miles! I don't count WalMart. Although I guess RedHeart is okay for a pair of slippers. Making a pair of sock-slippers for my mom out of some old stashed RedHeart. I like 100% wool yarn the best. Try finding that at WalMart :o( Ours doesn't even carry Wool-Ease!

Sooner or later we will get over to Nashville and I can visit the Haus of Yarn. That probably won't be until early next year.

In the meantime, Knitpicks catalog came in the mail. So I am drooling over those options too. I hate to pay shipping on something I used to be able to walk three blocks and pick up. I miss the Yarn Renaissance in Fargo, ND!

Well enough whining. J has requested a headband for him (since he saw the genius of mine). His ears got cold biking today too. I have that pair of slippers to knit and our Willowpede has an earache. I guess when you are all ears (look at her pic below) that is bound to happen. She was miserable last night and slept next to me in the bed. That is very different, she is the 'where is that hiding spot of mine?' type of cat when she sleeps. She wouldn't even play with Sally today. Sally took comfort in attacking the plastic bags the groceries came in.

Ok, knitting bits, check. Yarn gripes and whines, check. Kitty saga, check.
;o) ~Rhe

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh the kittens are adorable!