Thursday, October 20, 2005

Baby Knits and truck cats

Got a new book! Knitting for Baby. (melanie falick and kristen nicholas) [Link] The reviews say it is not a book for beginners... but some of the projects look like things I can already knit! I knit little rabbits last year that look like the teddy bear. The little booties are really tempting! I should start stocking up for our own baby... But that is still a few years away, can I start anyway? ;o)

I don't recognize any of the yarns in this book, except for Manos. I'll have to do some major subtitution and swatching. Loked up some of the yarns — they don't seem easy to get ahold of.

Willowpede is 'mugging' me while I work on the computer. She is as persistant when she wants attention as she is in avoiding everyone when she wants to be alone.

Our cats usually go to work with us in the truck. They behave beautifully (knock on wood) except for when we are at gas stations. Willow is very scared of people she doesn't know. If someone talks to us at the gas station about us(and they often do), Willowpede crawls down to the floor and cowers.

We had to stop at a store this morning. To avoid cooking kittens in the 80 degree weather, they had to stay home. Tonight they are making up for all lack of playing and attention. J says we should set up a webcam to see what they do when we are gone. ;o) Do we really want to know?

Still working on the second sock, and getting to the 'I really wish my dpns weren't committed to this' stage. I'm sad to say I feel that a lot when making a project. Dreaming of yarn... and so many patterns. I have to focus on finishing.

I am so mean to Willowpede -- she is utterly fascinated with our DVD player. Every bit of it opening and closing she has to investigate. When we put a new disc in, she listens to it loading, and sits back to watch the screen light up and the header music start to play. We were using the remote to tease her tonight, opening and closing the disc repeatedly. She was so disappointed when we took the last movie out and the close-disc cycle didn't result in anything.
Movie Tonight : Metropolis 1927 silent film.

No comments: