Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thrift store finds



Found a few old patterns and a box full of REALLY old thread. The box of thread cost less than one spool of regular thread does in the store... and that included the box. Some of this thread says 19 cents, 'will boil', 'boilfast' and one spool is even 'Fruit of the Loom' branded cotton! The dress pattern is size 6 child - so it will be put away for a while. The misses' dress is something that maybe I can work with to make something my size - if I ever get the time. For twenty-five cents... it was worth a grab.

Did a count of what Esme has in her wardrobe.
Just for me, not for anyone else - as I'm planning on what to make for her next.
These are the homemade 'current size' items she has.

  • Six pairs of cotton pants
  • Two pairs of flannel pajama pants
  • Five pairs of shorts
  • Six short-sleeved dresses (tunics, really)
  • Two sundresses
  • Three long-sleeved dresses (mostly too warm now)

    Considering she can get three pairs of pants and/or shorts dirty each day.
    The four pair I have on the desk are next in line, then think a bit more.
  • No comments: