Friday, May 28, 2010

A Friday in May with kangaroos


Kangaroo dress in progress
and sand/mud toys


I'm not too ambitious today. Twice last week I had twisted this one ankle. I've broken it long ago and every once in a while it twists along this certain way and I am hurting for days. Yesterday at work was no picnic, and I have another day today. It's not constant - mostly on turning and stopping.. so all the more annoying that I can do what I need to do, just have to be careful about how I go about it.

We let Esme play in the yard yesterday supervised from the porch. I didn't feel like running around with her or going to the lake - so she played while I embroidered and worked on her dress. Bunny dog and Misha dog kept a constant eye over her so I could look up every minute or so and still do something else. She was pretty good - we only had to call her back from the road to Grandma's once - and she came up and gathered up her sand/mud toys when she was ready. Then she had a bath, as she was filthy, with sand and mud and leaves all over her... but hey, a kid has to get dirty sometimes ;) and she enjoyed it. The poor dogs got water and leaves thrown on them, too... but they're more used to that sort of thing.

I am embroidering a kangaroo peeking out of the pocket of Esme's yellow gingham dress. It is very cute. The sewing machine was acting up some last night. After Esme went to bed I was trying to do the seams on the dress and broke two needles in just a few minutes.. then it was okay again for the night... not sure what is going on. I left one sleeve undone and will try to do it today, then take the rest of the kangaroo embroidery to work for my lunch hour.

No comments: