Monday, May 03, 2010

Blue sundress (no picture)

I've almost finished Esme's second sundress of the year - a pretty blue fabric with white dotty circles on it. I've been saving it for over a year! There was just enough for a matching pair of shorts as well.

I sent a pair of pants and a raglan sleeve shirt to my niece in Minnesota. Her Mom keeps saying she is the same size as Esme - but the pants this time around were too small, and not just in the elastic area. I'm going to have to count her as one size larger than Esme, at least. And - to boot, she is a month younger than Esme and was born three months premature! I have to blame my brother's big genes, as he is well over six foot. Come to think of it, Elizabeth was larger than Esme when she was 9 months and Esme was 10 months back in September 2008....

Also my brother saw some of the pictures I sent. And what does he ask? Are you pregnant? He thought the pictures looked like I was trying to hide a baby bump. Nope, for the record - we're not planning another one anytime soon! I feel a little scuffed by the remark though :( as I thought I was losing weight lately. I am (my belt says so) and Mark says the pictures I sent could be misinterpreted because I tend to avoid tight clothing and stand at weird angles... feel a little better but still.. really, my own big brother!

Lots of work this week - and odd hours. I've found a homeschooling group in our area that has some opportunities for Esme - but it will take a while before we can meet up with their schedule. It's a good point to start, though. When we were in the car and the grocery store today Esme was pointing out letters everywhere and trying to read some things. She has the announcement of 'STOP' signs down really well.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

I don't know what to say about the pregnant comment!! I think you look great.

Are you all going to (eventually)homeschool Esme?