Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's miscellaneous

I was going to work with some other blue cloth - but Esme found another piece of pink Japanese fabric I had bought a while back.. and said it was pretty. I think it is just enough for a pair of pants. It is in the washer right now straightening out a little.

For Valentine's day I bought Mark a pizza (a self-rising type he likes a lot) and a Valentine's balloon for Esme. It is still nearly inseparable from her. She takes it up and down the stairs and has had it in her hand when she went to sleep two nights in a row.

We bought a cheap toaster the other day, so I wouldn't need to use the oven anymore. Buttered toast is a 'reliable' food Esme will eat if it is on her plate, like chicken sticks, fish, applesauce, oranges, carrots and corn etc... The first thing Esme did the first morning before I made toast was climb up on her stepstool and put her hand in the toaster. YIPE - I told her that was usually hot and to NOT do that... this morning she touched the outside of the toaster after I made toast and looked shocked at me 'HOT!' Yea, hot - so hands off little one ;) She wasn't hurt at all but now regards the toaster as a special magical thing that has to be watched very closely.

More sentences lately that sound more complete... 'this is a green ball', 'eat an orange please' etc etc.. She also likes to try to do the splits, spin in circles until she can't stand up etc.. normal two year old things. The other day she got a leash on a dog and was trying to drag her around by the neck - the poor dog was desperately in need of saving. While watching the Muppets the other day Esme said loud and clear 'That is the Chef.' Haha. Now she just needs to get the 'bork bork bork' part and she'll have it down pat.

Back to the pants:
Esme was instrumental in carrying the pants fabric up from downstairs and putting it on the sewing room table. She has been non-stop today, always moving and doing something. She put the pen cap on her finger and pretended that was a monster going to eat the fabric. Then the pen cap attacked the lines I had drawn on the fabric. I finally have the pants cut out and ready to sew, despite all the help and cute overload ;) The dinosaur also got to 'eat' the scraps of fabric after the fabric was cut. He now seems to be happily munching a pile of plastic pigs and sheep on the table. Esme is watching Shaun the Sheep while Mark cooks the pizza downstairs.

//YAY//
I found a footed pajama pattern online and ordered it for 5.00 I am very curious to see how the pieces go together. It is rare because it had the picture of the pattern pieces and I still couldn't quite work out how they made up the feet with them..

No comments: