Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy about new patterns


I bought two new patterns off of Ebay (for cheap!) last week, which both seem in great condition and will help with some clothing for this coming fall. They are both size 5 (hard to find) and the one on the right is a real gem. An outdoor 'swing' coat pattern and suspendered 'snow' pants! I researched the date and it is about 1951 (Simplicity 3754). The one on the left is probably early to mid 1960s (Simplicity 5137).

The only thing left is a pair of regular pants in size 5. I have a plain pattern that should make up the gaps - and then I can make anything in that size I want to. Again, I'm a sewing geek. This is the sort of thing that makes me warm and fuzzy inside. She barely can wear the size 4s but I'm already getting 'set' for the next size up. Even moreso, it is 'interesting' work - 1950s and 60s vintage children's clothing, patterns that expect the maker to know how to sew and do the finishing... It's a challenge and a real accomplishment to take good fabric and make structural clothing out of it. (structural as opposed to a t-shirt) *ok I'll stop now* but you get how much of a geek I really am about this.

No comments: