Monday, February 22, 2010

green size five - half done (no pic)

I've worked on it for a few hours and it is looking good! I have the entire body finished and one sleeve in. The zipper is pinned in already. Handsewing the zipper, putting in the second sleeve and hemming all around the bottom and the sleeve wrists is on tomorrow's agenda. I'll then find out if I want to make the belt pieces or keep it as it is. It is BIG compared to the size 4, and would go down to her feet. WOW... the green against the print fabric is looking excellent.

I think having the other fabric to make another size 4 (which she could wear now) gave me enough oompf to get going on this one -- which would lack some of the satisfaction of her being able to wear it immediately. Without the incentive of 'getting to play with the new fabric when it's done' it might have sat a bit longer (hang head) Gotta listen to the instincts :)

No comments: