Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Rodeo field trip tomorrow

Getting Esme ready for going to her field trip tomorrow.  The class is going to watch a farming college rodeo and goat tying exposition.  I feel more confident for her going with her teachers than I was with the idea of her going with a coworker and their kids...- as in contrast to my coworkers they come 'loaded for bear' when it comes to handling odd situations with the kids... those are the words I used to Mark the other day when he told me about the permission slip.

Right now our surreal life is full of Care Bears, due to a new video set that was bought when we replaced our DVD player today.  I need to get her to sleep soon... so she can get to the bus early to go on the trip.  Mark and Esme picked me up from work and Esme did her charm on quite a few people.  They said she looked just like me when she was trying to think if she knew when her birthday was.  Several people laughed at once and all agreed she was like a 'Mini me' at that moment.

She was crying and upset that she wanted a toy - but then finally she came with me and picked out a yellow fabric to make pants out of.  I had to print out photographs for her school project for the PTA meeting Thursday as well.  While we were in the store the children from an Amish family were wandering around the electronics section.  A teenage girl was sitting quietly on a seat at a computer and looked over Esme's clothing without saying anything - but was giving second and third looks as Esme turned around -- I think she was seeing the buttons and overstitched button bands across the back of that particular dress and verifying that yes - those were handmade clothes the other little girl had on - just very different than the clothes she had.  That was a neat moment.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

Very neat moment!