Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Post field trip long Wednesday

Esme went on her field trip with nothing out of the ordinary... her teachers weren't even about to drop from exhaustion when I picked her up.  I worried a bit - as they have not realized yet that YES - she keeps moving like that all day long, from sun up to long after sun down... It is like living with the Energizer Bunny that talks and has an attitude, agitates at 200% speed when it needs to pee and always wants a toy.  We have the Parent Teacher meeting tomorrow afternoon, bring the kids with and feed them hot dogs and let them play with the toys etc..  Today was a long day - getting up at 7 to get her to the early field trip, then we were desk potatoes (sans couch) and played Minecraft for hours until it was time to get her... I planned on doing other things but couldn't commit to something that might not be done by the time she came back... bad excuse, but I went with it.  I noticed our commode had a leak happening where the floor flange is uneven.. and when we picked up Esme I picked up a few materials to fix the problem.  I put vinyl composite tile under it instead of the shims that were not working - then finished with plumbers putty around the edge.  Mark and Esme watched a cartoon upstairs and Mark came downstairs just in time to help me with setting it back over the bolts - which is much harder than taking it off because it requires steady hands and sometimes a third hand as well.  Esme had some to say about the trip - she sat next to a 'tiny girl with black hair' who was 'sleeping but not' and they played and had blue paint like giraffes on their hands (I did not see anything - it could have been a pretend or washed off already), had juice and cookie bears in a bag for snack on the bus and she saw a man with a hat - a cowboy - tie up a horse who was nice but was sick and had to go back in the gate.  She played my Minecraft for hours and I knitted and watched a movie... then kicked myself over to the sewing machine to make the pair of yellow 'stardust' pants.  She copped a bad attitude that she didn't like dogs and didn't like shadows and didn't like anything...on the way to bed.  But 11 pm is finally here....

Quotes:  (about pajamas) This is at night.  It is morningtime, this is no?  (about me yelling after her to come get her hair brushed while she is slamming the bathroom door) You wash the hair this night, yes or no?  (she meant last night)  Is my bus here? (while looking at the dog yard and being obviously silly)  I will do the upside and you will do the down side, do you understand me? (about her straps in the car)

No comments: