Tuesday, October 23, 2012

bits

Esme ran up to me asking if the mail was toys for her.  I told her it was - but they were for her birthday party.  She then asked me if I had any toys for now.  Ha.  No.  So she tried to weasel the other ones out saying I could have a pretend birthday party so she could see the toys now.  No dice kid.  They went on the shelf when she wasn't looking - still in their manila envelopes.  One is actually a cake topper for the cake I have yet to get materials for.  The other is a k-oo-b by Syd Hoff that she does not yet own but I did have when I was a kid.  Mark was listening to the debate, Esme was watching My Little Pony and trying furiously for me to have a tea party with her.. but I fell asleep soon after dinner.  Esme was nice and tucked a kangaroo in with me before she went to my computer to play Minecraft until her bedtime.

I still have things to finish before the real winter gets here - but it is coming.  I likely need to make several long sleeved dresses to replace a few that are gone.. and pants.  But I have not sewed since the sponge bob doll (which was a hit... it has no face and just brown pants, but Esme loves it and sleeps with it as a pillow).  I am still working on Esme's blanket and am hanging up more beans to dry in the storage room.  I need to sort out the storage room and put things in closed containers now that they have dried..... Mark thinks something has been in there knocking things over.

Work now until Friday off... feels like there isn't much of me to go around even when I'm at work I need to split "myself" among two or three problems simultaneously just to help everyone and that isn't working very well!  I have received a few high praises to the manager for it - but my brain feels drained afterwards and rarely after a customer interaction I feel like just falling into a million pieces on the floor and saying 'pick me up in five minutes, okay?' but gravity keeps it from happening, so... I turn and run after the next problem that comes in front of me without really centering.

No comments: