Tuesday, October 09, 2012

bits with knitting


Day off, went to Camden to buy groceries.. the dynamic at that store is very different - it is mostly older people in that city so their store does not have some things and has quite a bit of selection in other things.  We also stopped at the quilt shop Quilting Bee while we paid our insurance, Esme saw a spider ball with lots of little legs and asked for it... we bought a piece of fabric to make one.  We are planning on buying her birthday present today - while she stays with Grandma?  We'll see how that works.  I still don't know if we are going to have more than a family thing this year ... we invited the other little girl for ice cream last year and they want to go to a park this year -- feel it will be too cold.

I was craving some avocado and mashed it up with some black beans and red pepper in a wrap - very good.  Every time I do something spontaneous like this I find that combination is a 'normal' and there are ten to twenty recipes with the same foods featured, but that could just be the nature of the internet.  I choose foods by what my nose tells me, and some other chemical 'A goes with B' that my brain uses to add other vitamins on. So, it is also likely I am just keyed into what 'goes together' in the same way many other humans with noses are.  *ha*


This is the knit blanket I am making for Esme - on top of the one I made for myself and have been using.  So far it is all scraps from other projects put to use but I bought a little more purple today to add onto it.  It almost looks like the colors in the unicorn we were going to buy her for her birthday ;)  I doubt it will be done by then, though.

As the cold weather sets in I have been digging out other things, too - slippers (Esme is finally wearing hers from last year), scarf, the blue gloves, hats.. It is nice to be warm and have useful things.

No comments: