Sunday, October 09, 2011

smatterings

Esme spent some time with her Grandma yesterday, which was wonderful :) She must have expended a lot of energy as she was crashed when I came home - and only the promise of going painting made her agree to get up. We worked in the school room until about ten, and then I made her pack it up as I have this insanely early morning today. Grandma asked about her shoes - the only pair that seems to fit well right now is her toddler size 11 sneakers (the black ones), but I have my eye on a pair of Hello Kitty shoes she pointed out to me at WM and want to take her in with me to try a pair on this next day off I have. I think it will still be 11, but don't want to buy a size she is just about to grow out of! Other than that, I'm gathering ideas and making a list for her birthday which is approaching faster than I want it to. She has pointed out a few things she wants to me on Amazon, and I'm working at getting those. I want to take her to the bowling alley with two coworker's children sometime in November as a treat/post-birthday event... but have to see how much that would be and Mark isn't keen on the idea (social event etc.). I still intend a regular family cake and presents sort of thing like we have done before.

Esme did well with her projects last night. I had her draw a letter and a circle - and then she painted for a while, and I took ideas from our painting and ran with those to make a caterpillar to glue together which she really enjoyed, then she painted some more, and we did our elephant counting sheet I had made.

No comments: