Friday, October 28, 2011

My Detective




She told me three times what she was going to go get - I understood none of it. However, this is a common ensemble for her - the glasses and hat. The glasses are from a Mr. Potato Head toy and they have become one of her treasures she hides and finds again and again. The magnifying glass was something I picked up for her a few weeks ago (1.00 in the stationery section) Thanks to Daddy for grabbing the camera for me while I was shelling beans ;) She then went riding her bike with her miniature broom stuck up behind her as a flag, her magnifying glass and glasses in the 'trunk' of the bike and her hat on while bumping into things and saying 'Excuse me Tarzan, but but...' and swearing to me she was a little girl, not a Jane.

Esme's games of the day are Monkey GO Happy Marathon and Conquer Antarctica. She has been having fun all morning with those. This is proving to be an interesting spurt and I have been really interested by some of the questions she has brought up to me lately - and the things she focuses on.

I started the new dress. It seems to be coming along well. Then I kicked myself into gear and went out to the garden... several tomatoes and cowpeas and three tiny sad radishes. This is mostly still coming from the March-started garden.. still going after all these months. The fall plot was not a good success - should have started it in July as the beans are just beginning to flower and here comes a frost this week. I will sew the dress a bit more and then go make soup for the week. Mark is cooking chicken. We are all very glad to be home!

No comments: