Monday, October 24, 2011

Language notes nearing 4 years old

Word/sentences I've heard recently: 'dream', 'minutes', 'hour', 'knitting', 'i'm the funny, you laugh', 'turn off the alarm', 'ballerina', 'xylophone', 'fathers (as compared to ladies)', 'what the he** was that', 'I will be-ing four years old', 'I can't love that - that a mama cup of tea', 'eat this later, put it in the fridge', 'make those dishes (wash them)', ''keep your mouth shut' (to Daddy about telling her if she laughed too hard she would pee... I did tell her not to say that to Daddy), 'that's a good idea, let's do that!', 'that is not for you DOG, that is Esme's food', 'do the numbers say it, both do it', 'you draw, you draw a lot', 'what is her name - what color?', 'get the doorbell', 'here is your change (in buttons)', 'Bart is a regular normal kid' (repeat from hearing it in a show) - trying to find out what that meant. She has decided it means he is a bad boy.. because he does bad things. I ask her what she is doing and she says loudly 'nothing, nothing!'... *shake head*

I've found myself asking her to repeat herself more often than usual - tonight she said she was mad at me because she didn't get to walk on the rocks. I had a hard time understanding that mostly because I didn't expect it. She meant she wanted to come walk on the gravel in the yard barefoot to come greet me at the truck - and I came in too soon or she couldn't get Daddy to open the door in time etc..

She also told me we were Fraggles, we got out of the room! I had not heard her say 'Fraggles' in a long time. She has also been 'walking the Egyptian' downstairs for several days - I think she saw that in a Pocoyo episode? She is really going to like her Ellie for her birthday - as there is an invisible Ellie playing with us day after day.

I tell her I love her and she says 'Thanks! I love you, too!' She has been talking a lot about Grandpa and Grandma going to the doctor in the truck. What doctors do (and farmers and firemen and ladies etc...) has been a large source of curiosity and deep thought lately. She asked me if my hiccups needed a doctor the other day, and found her stethoscope later.

Extra that she showed me tonight when she was in a drawing mood: She can draw a face, a circle, copy a square and a triangle (but not do them from memory), and draw some letters from memory.

As I painted her fingernails and toenails (compensation for being unable to wash the red marker off of her hands) she says 'Where have you been all day?'.. to which I reply (with an odd eyebrow) 'at work, where have you been all day?' She thinks... 'with toys!' *ha*

No comments: