Monday, October 03, 2011

collection of thoughts

Flipped through a magazine at work today and found only two pages that had anything I could possibly live with in my house. What does that say about me? Hmm... Good things, I think. I rarely see anything in a 'design' book that is interesting enough to save for the future. These are like what I saw.

a bedspread set like the one in a magazine. Definitely would do a darker bedspread but the pillows were interesting - and the ones in the book had more of a 'black on light' square to them. Very sewable.

writing desk <--my grandfather had a desk a lot like this

It was in pieces and not very stable so I did not bring it back from Minnesota. I should have anyway, maybe it could have been helped some. Perhaps I can make something like it in a woodshop in the next few years or find something like it at a thrift/flea market type atmosphere. The one I saw in the magazine that reminded me of it was a warm honey/orange colored wood. The thing that attracts me most to it is the closeable slat top that also opens up as the writing surface. My grandfather's had a pull out flat board underneath that helped support the slant-top when it was open.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

That desk is beautiful. Very classic, in my opinion.