Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday with limes and mermaids

I cooked some veggies and Esme watched - she didn't eat much of what she asked for, but she did drink some of the 'broth' and ran around the house licking the slice of lime I gave her (hoping she would not like it and leave the rest of the cutting board items alone)... She did leave them alone, because she was running showing her 'mine' (tried to say lime) to everyone. We rented 'The Little Mermaid' and the original Peter Pan cartoon for her this time from the 50 cent rack. The Little Mermaid WAS scary for me when I watched it, she is so far taking it okay. She usually doesn't get scared too badly by movies. She did say Ursula is a 'bad octopus' as soon as she saw her!

One thing I wish she was better at - when we were in town I tried to shush her in a place when she was being loud - and she just got louder and louder. She was hungry and was upset we were not eating food right THEN etc etc... I bought a yard of blue fabric to go with something else I had - and Esme picked out some pink and blue Eeyore fabric that is mindbendingly colored.

She is STILL licking the lime. Wow.


The Clifford shirt I made her for her birthday


//And now that she is three - she can try to sit on the bed again.. until she falls off again... we'll see how long it lasts.

We went for another long long walk in the woods. Mark climbed up a tall tree - and I helped Esme climb up there, too. Then we all sat up there and looked down on the dogs. After we got down Esme said 'that was fun tree!' We ended up at Grandma and Grandpa's house to say 'hi' before walking back home to have ice cream. Esme got a bath, with her hair washed, and bubbles. Now she is in bed and asleep.. before ten! How did that happen? I know she'll be up before 7 am YIPE.




We were talking to my mom (Esme's nana) on the phone and had it up where she couldn't reach it on speakerphone. After a bit, Esme went over to the block box and started corralling the cat into the stroller... Nana wanted some photos.

No comments: