Sunday, November 21, 2010

80s hair yarn chick


Just a photo Mark took this morning before I got Esme ready to go see her Grandma. Her hair was loosely tied up for sleeping after a bath last night - and she asked me to tie this tiny piece of purple ribbon in it this morning. Then she was interested in my knitting project and wanted to 'help' and 'Esme do.' Those are several pieces of a Halloween light stick necklace.

She is wearing her 'birthday' shirt with the Cliffords on it.


I ordered the above patterns from an Etsy seller. They were both in Esme's current size and I had a little Squidoo money come in which made me go looking... very nice buy and I will look forward to them. The side pleats on the blue dress skirt are interesting and the coat of the other pattern looks quite a bit like McCalls 8001 (see below), which I was really enchanted by temporarily on Ebay (but not at the price they wanted). And there was also Simplicity 7228, which I REALLY like the styling of the yoke on (tried to alter a raglan like this once and failed -- I see why now in the sleeve on the package picture), but again - I got both of those patterns above and shipped for less than they wanted for either of the others.... pretty nice. I'm definitely not lacking in projects right now... more so in time - but it is nice to have something really tempting ready to set hands to. Esme is doing fairly well with most of her fall clothing -- I still did not finish the wool jacket that was cut out --- maybe a heavy cotton one would be more fitting for her.

For future reference only:

details from Simplicity 7228 I liked
update: I caved on this one when I found it for cheap in size 4.
It's coming next week!



details from McCalls 8001 I liked

No comments: