Sunday, November 28, 2010

Fried Chicken soup and more...

I brought this to work today and had numerous people following their noses to the lunchroom only to be surprised by the cause of it.

5 to 6 chunks of batter-fried chicken (Mark's recipe) frozen,
1 boullion cube, with water
olive oil
a handful of canned carrots
diced red pepper
diced onion
garlic and onion powder
oregano
lots and lots of black pepper ground up
a bit of salt

Put that all in a plastic container and brought it to work - it marinated together, and by lunchtime it was ready to put in my ceramic bowl in the microwave for about four minutes (2 min at a time). It was VERY good. I had made something like it at home last night as a steamer pack and it was quite good that way, too -- although I wished for more of a gravy-like garlic marinade to pour over it then.

Tonight when I got home I continued the cravings and went to the kitchen to make what I thought would be a soup and quesadilla sort of thing... but I ended up putting the raw tomato in the blender with some more carrots, spices, boullion, pepper and chopped cheese and mixing it all up fine and then cooking it to warm. Looked awful. Tasted great when dipped with tortilla shells and then drunk straight from the bowl.

I think the cold is about halfway fought - need to keep it up and hope it doesn't double back on me. Too bad Esme won't eat any of it - Daddy is getting her to eat some regular chicken noodle soup with him during the day.



Fabric from April, 2010.. some of it has been used and some is in my stash


Part of me says I should enlist help to buy 2 yards of light blue cotton fabric (any print or solid, content more important).... after the cutting table ladies keep running away from me :( But, I'm well and able (willing not quite) to wait until Wednesday (my next day off). My fingers are itching over the new pattern and I'll go poke in what I have to see if there is enough of anything. I know I have one yard left of the fabric in the very middle... maybe I can find something to coordinate with it. Maybe I can scrape together some of those purples and make something? Not sure...


Patterns that came in the mail! YAY!
The one on top is the next dress I hope to make for Esme


LATER: I just realized something. My vintage 1960 size 2 pattern and the modern size 3 pattern are the SAME size.... but the vintage one has a 5/8 inch seam allowance and the modern one has a 1/4 inch seam allowance. So.... I'm shooting for the size 2 pattern anyway, with some ludicrous fabric I have hanging about that Esme is bound to like... I'm thinking LOUD large cow print, with green bits in between.... Maybe the cold virus rewired something - but I'm in the mood to be silly.

No comments: