Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Curse of Daylight Savings Time (ie: Early Risers vs. Mom)

Esme was asleep at 8:30 pm last night (completely and utterly unheard of) and up at 6:55 this morning. It is not all that good for me though, as I start on the late shift today and could have used a bit more so I don't fall asleep at the wheel on the way home tonight. I'll be abusing caffeine today (even moreso than usual).

Esme is very sweet today and into quite a lot of things like usual. She did some reading exercise and typing letters on the computer, played with her pattern blocks and did some great counting with them and played nicely with the cat. She asked for pizza and ate almost all of it. I put extra block cheese shreds on the microwave pizza and real pepperoni and spices and she still said it was 'good pizza cheese thank you mumum!'

Then we had this while she was sitting in the hamper
Are you a doggie? WOOF
Are you a shirt? (??)
Are you a kitty? MEOW
Are you a birdie? TWEET
Are you a sheep? MAAAAAA
Are you a dragon? ROARAOAROARAR
Are you an alligator? ROARARO (chomp hands)
Are you a frog? (forgot that one) frog frog? oh yea - ribbit ribbit.
Are you a pig? OINK
Are you an egg? CRACK! (stomp on something on ground)
Are you a butterfly? FLY FLY FLY.
Are you a little girl? HRRRRMMMMMMM (put finger to mouth and doesn't answer)

Then she started doing the sounds by herself again and making me guess which one she was doing.

I love those moments.
Right now she has sorted all of her fruits, vegetables and sandwich accessories into the empty hamper and is sorting them in and out and under and on top of it over and over. Whatever floats the boat, kid.. I don't always understand the game but she seems to have a lot of fun with whatever she makes up. As I said elsewhere today about activities: "I take her lead because I'm not sure where we're going and she seems to have some good ideas"


Computer time



hard to see - but she let her 'dragon' wind-up dinosaur play, too. She told him he did 'good job dragon'


She can find letters, but usually just likes to mash and see what comes up - then try to find out why. She will often count up to three of a letter then just fill the screen etc. I take turns with her and write words, then let her try again. I asked her to find the letter 'b' in one of these shots and she did.

No comments: