Saturday, November 27, 2010

Stuffy Noses and Scratchy Throats

Mark and I have different degrees of them - and Esme is 'snorking' but seems to be her cheerful self. She is talking even more and being VERY observant about some things - she asked me for her sheep game again last night by saying not only did the sheep have a hat but there were letters in the waterfall we need to crack the code and make a word. HAHA. Her auditory memory is doing better than mine! I kind of dislike that game for the repetition - but she likes it and I went there because she asked so thoroughly. We did some counting with mama and baby elephant cutouts I made last night. Mark mentioned that was a HUGE amount of cleanup.. (after elephants, not the cutouts).

I've made chicken and carrot soup with garlic powder to bring to work today. I am going to work. I can talk and breathe and swallow and my nose isn't running down my face, yet. And it is absolute that whoever gave me the bug was at work the past few days - so many people complaining about being sick the past few weeks. It just flows from one person to the other until we've all had it/got it etc. Oh, the joys of the public venue! Someone had strep a week and a half ago -- thought I would have gotten that by now if it was that... but again, with so many people in the mix it could just be getting around to us now. I hope that isn't it. If the sore throat continues to worsen I'll probably see the doctor on Monday. And - I'll be watching Esme for any other signs, too.

LATER: Came home from work an hour early - throat not quite as sore, maybe it is not strep. I've been taking cough drops all day. I'm still sneezing though (which always tears up the back of my throat), and the runny nose threatens to get worse tomorrow. Esme's nose is pretty stuffed up - worse when she is crying, of course. I gave her a bath earlier which she enjoyed immensely, and she was doing well afterward, until she threw a big fit. She was being mean to her kitten and generally disagreeable at 8:30, so we made some 'bed' threats and tried to follow through on them. The fit and subsequent 'no I walk/show you stuff/play' bed escapes lasted nearly until 9:30... finally she agreed to stay in bed if I read 'Go Dog Go', which I did. And she did. She fell asleep very nicely afterward hugging her frog toy like a pillow.


Mr.Frog, as pillow


I would love to go sort through some of my fabric and get some laid aside for another pajama jacket and pair of pants for myself... but she would likely wake up then. And, I need to be at work at eight am tomorrow. *growl* I know I'll have to make it, unless this cold turns into a monster overnight. Drinking lemon tea and going to bed.

The first two of the new dress patterns came in the mail yesterday. I am really looking forward to working with them!

No comments: