Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

We had a nice afternoon at Grandma's house, although none of the pictures are from there. Grandma made an excellent turkey and fixings. We brought a few things, including homemade mashed potatoes from Mark.



I have a lot to be thankful for. Mark believes in my potential, even when at the moment, I have put some other things on hold (ie: getting my Masters and a teaching certificate for TN). With all of that we are doing fairly well in a bad economy, and Esme is home with us and flourishing. She has wonderful grandparents who are close by and have a bell in their heart when they see her. And we have Esme - our beautiful joy, a joy I was not sure I could ever have. I can't thank Mark enough for our life together and for our beautiful and sweet child. Even when I sleep and dream my soul reaches out to find them - they are there in my dreamscape where all the rest of my life it was a lost landscape of nothing real at all... It brings focus, and a resolve I can't quite explain. It is a further reminder of the great possibilities and potential available every day in the Universe. I am constantly amazed by that - how much or how little change the time in 'today' can have - how much it means (a lot) and the abilities to choose and understand what to do with our moments of time.





We were playing with 'ball pit' balls Mark had bought for Esme last year. It is another of our 'math' tools. She counts them and asks for a certain number etc etc... Maybe that would be a way for Grandma to see her count higher :) She has five of them and four superballs on the changing table right now and is doing odd assortments of them.

I'll also throw in a picture of some crafty things I did the other day - one of the examples of something I do with my time hoping to make something that will be useful every day. When trying to pare down, and not make things that are 'useless'... I keep in mind the things I have made that have been very useful, indeed. Sometimes I make lists of what is in use at the moment so I have more inspiration the next time I feel crafty.

These pillows are being used daily. The center bit of red and white patchwork is from a year or so ago - never used it then because I thought I flubbed. It made a very nice accent and fills a needed space under my other pillow. The blue dragon pillow was a quick night project made about a week ago. I made it so Esme can keep my red dragon pillow (made when she was 9 months old) on her bed and I won't miss it. She steals it nearly every day and takes her nap on it because it reminds her of me. The red dragon jacket I made last month (and added a pocket to early this morning) is also used nearly every day...



small bits: You can see our Bunny dog in the upper part of the pillow picture. "Wake up Bunny Dog!", Esme says. Interesting math bit. Mark laid out Esme's kitty counting tokens in several lines, but she would only count up to the end of the line - then start over... when I laid them out in a straight line she counted higher - and then she didn't care as much if they were in short lines or squares or what... odd, but interesting. 'nine, eleven, ten, eleven, twelve' and on a set of five, 'fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen!' ?? She's playing with us, now ;)

No comments: