Monday, April 24, 2006

Yellow kitties and auction fabric


Big Brother and Mini Kitty
yellow for Project Spectrum!

softie toys by
KnitOwl and friends



I finished sewing these two kitties this weekend and hope to make a few more sets soon! J was already playing with them ;o) bouncing them around in the window here.

We walked around an antique mall near our house, but only bought a few old owl magnets to send up to my mom. They are really cute, maybe I can get a picture of them tomorrow ;o)

Here are some pictures at photobucket of the fabric, until I can upload them to blogger --


There is even more fabric than this, six+yards of navy and black striped fabric, some shiny green stuff and the grey velvet.

Great link: Cinnamonsnail's etsy

6 comments:

Chris said...

Cute kitties! And wow, you got a lot of fabric - and it looks like it will make fun softies.

Off to bed, hi ho hi ho.

RheLynn said...

Thanks Chris, I sent in my info to knitter's tea swap too!

I really have to get in gear and sew LOTS -- I am way too easily distracted by kittens and this thing they call 'work' ;o)

Carrie K said...

Yellow kitty looks much happier stuffed and done.

Fabric, yummy. I've been dying to sew lately but don't want to take the time from the shawl and reading.

Rhiannon said...

Thanks for the link to the knit/tea exchange. Looks good! Are you going to do it?

Love all the great fabric. Do you have big plans for any of it, or just when the whim hits?

RheLynn said...

Rhiannon: Chris directed me to the link, and yes I've signed up! I'll need to find some sock yarn though... hmm...

Chris - great little knitted strawberries too! Actually, they are very 'zakka.' I'm sure the girls would claim them as cat toys though!

We had all eight kittens in a cage in the house - but the weather is too bad for flea market tomorrow :o( Anyway, we got pictures!

RheLynn said...

What to do with all that fabric? I want to use the darker striped herringbone (grey,blue,red stripes) for a skirt, but not sure of the stripes yet...

I see little bunnies hopping out of the white fabric with flowers -- a few of them! Maybe a few plaid kitty cats too, besides the grey velvet kitties Chris suggested.

Whatever I can get a skirt out of - I will. Summer is coming and it is going to be HOT again!