Friday, April 28, 2006

A peek at my SewIKnit bag, and another mommy softie

I bought my sock yarn today for the Knitters' Tea Swap!
I'll be waiting until I get an email for the tea and treats.

Below, Willow checks out the bag I was working on this morning.

She thought I should have been making her a pillow... see other pic below.

A blurry 'inside' pic



Where's Willowpede?
She was here a second ago...

Sally-Mander starts to wake up
and realize she is missing all the fun.


I'm in a bad code-funk today. I need a coding teddybear, that I can put sunglasses on and tell him all the problems that I'm trying to work out. I'll name him Bob. He will have all the answers. His cool collected sunglassed stare will tell me the secrets of the universe.. or at least of Python. (J says this is paraphrased from his 'C Unleased' book) -- He says I need a 'Bob', quick, because he (J) doesn't know Python and it hurts his brain when I bounce these questions off of him ;o)

For another possible source of this reference to sunglassed teddybears -- look at the end of this post by Peter Bartal.

Linky: A parade of elephant pillows at Craft Itch blog.
And - linky the place she said she bought her Japanese Nuigurumi Books

Rant
Thing that bugs me: 'Inside-Out' seaming on toys -- even if its neat, even if it looks 'kinda cool'... it bugs me. You might have seen it in lots of popular places -- like wearing sweatshirts inside-out was cool for a while in high school.

What bugs me is that object is just screaming 'I'm gonna fall apart, you just watch!' If you do exterior seaming on your project and the recipient likes it, well.. okay -- but all of my seams are going to be neat and right-side in.

And that was a little KnitOwl rant.. which I'm probably going to get an earful on ;o)

5 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I like the bag... is it for the "along"?

Always cute cats!!

RheLynn said...

Yes! It is not entirely done yet -- I have to hand-stitch a few details. I brought it to work today in hope to steal a little time later for it.

Anonymous said...

I love the bag!! Fabulous fabric.

RheLynn said...

Thanks ;o) better pictures when it is really finished! (hopefully before the deadline!! eep!)

The Python code bogs are calling.. *puts on her raincoat and boots for a long trek* I'll have to put 'Bob' in my pocket I guess...

Chris said...

I think inside out seaming is really ugly...

Your mama softie is cute! Great kitty pictures. :)

Heh, maybe Willow could be your "Bob." It's amazing how helpful bouncing questions off someone knowledgeable is - half the time I figure out the answer myself by framing the question. Are there Python coders' forums you can check out?

(not home - using the lobby computer at my hotel)