Friday, April 21, 2006

handwriting and knitowl in progress

Happy and Unhappy Unfinished Cats
I'm unhappy with 'unhappy' too, but I'll finish him.. maybe he'll be a primitive toy ;o) I like how 'happy' is turning out though! Both of these are based on the same pattern as the owl toy from a while back.


A panagram of my handwriting, via a meme Chris did at her blog ;o)
if you don't see it, try clicking to enlarge

Some drawings I'm fiddling with for new toys

side view


I really need to get working and make new toys for the shop! I'll have to have a 'sit-down' weekend. Northern Exposure and Full Metal Alchemist came in the mail from Netflix -- so there is apt to be plenty of time for stitching during those ;o)

It seems like, eventually, I'll have to stop making tiny toys and get into larger ones, but small things are so great for breaking stress, which is my whole reason for making them. I'll just finish these happy and unhappy cats and see what comes next.

Linky: Hop Skip Jump has beautiful well-crafted bunnies for sale.
Linky: More cuteness at While She Naps blog --> bear and kangaroo

5 comments:

Chris said...

The happy kitty is great! The unhappy kitty. Hmm. He looks like he wants to be an owl. Maybe that would make him happier? ;)

Fun to see your handwriting! Great how personal that is. We have roughly the same cursive z. :) Altho I don't seem to have cursive and printing anymore - it's a mush between the two.

RheLynn said...

It might make him happier indeed -- I'm cutting out paws for happy kitty right now ;o)

Well, my printing and cursive are pretty similar, at least to my eye. As for the 'z,' penmanship class in Minnesota?? ;o)

Sally found a little (less than an inch) scrap of red felt on my desk -- and is now going wild with it under my worktable.. she is easily amused!

Carrie K said...

He does look like he'd make a happier owl. Maybe. They're both cute.

I think I was a forger in a former life - I've done that handwriting thing 4 times now and they all look similar to whoever I'm copying it from. Similar. Plus? I can't write anymore! I type too much.

Oh, and RheLynn, I checked out your math blog! Very impressive and completely incomprehensible to me. But fun to look at. I have delusions of being a math geek.

RheLynn said...

**grins at Carrie K** I think I did ten pages before I got one that looked like I wasn't 'trying too hard' (handwriting)

My math is just an aimed attempt at stabbing in the dark, imho -- but once in a while I get somewhere (Dasunt helped on that one!), which is all I can really ask for! ;o)

btw: sorry I haven't gotten anywhere on the sloth, yet -- but I have a new load of fabric today! (the grey velvet may be good for that too!)

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing :)