Monday, April 03, 2006

We're still here -- don't worry!

Thunderstorms, Tornadoes hit MidWest -- it hit about 30-50 miles to the west of us, as the crow flies. It looks like the danger zones for tonight's storms have skipped further east of us.

Oh My! Fargo-Moorhead is experiencing another flood! We moved away from Fargo last April. **hopes everyone is alright there**

I wasn't on yesterday because J had a bad stomachache. He didn't sleep at all last night. The storm was huge - just lightning, hail and rain here though. I heard some poor people in NW Paris hit power lines with a car, and we prayed for them -- but I didn't hear any more about that.

We lit two candles and put them by the window, in case the power did go out. But other than being loud, the storm passed over us.

All of the time, I was working on the kimono, and almost have it done. The front needs the interfacing fused, and the bottom hem has to be finished. Then I'll add a button at the top and a sash.

I called my mom about 9:30 - but that was before we heard about the danger that was coming with the storm. I called her again this morning and left a message that everything was okay - they read the newspapers and I'm sure they were scared.

Dinner: Shmooed Tofu Fish Sticks (J's request)... these weere a little hard to make - the tofu kept breaking apart. I threw a real fish stick on with them for me ;o)

Kimono: Bought some black satin rattail to make the button loops with -- since J is crashing on me (tummyache still) it looks liike I'll do a run to try to finish this. Note, if I ever make another one of this pattern -- I will alter the sleeves to be one piece, instead of two. The seam coming down over my shoulders just shouldn't be there -- but then, it is a 1969 American version of a kimono ;o) Coffee and Sewing, here I come.

6 comments:

Carrie K said...

Glad to hear you're all okay!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad ya'll are okay!! Can't wait to see the kimono!

Chris said...

Glad you're ok! And keep your fingers crossed for Fargo-Moorhead - flood stage on the Red is 18 feet and they're expecting 36 feet on Wednesday...

RheLynn said...

We will (keep our fingers crossed for F-M)!

I'm wishing all the best for them -- I've seen a photo I recognized the place and said 'Hey... that's NOT RIGHT, where is.....' EEP

Chris said...

Have you ever tried "pressing" tofu to make it more sturdy?

RheLynn said...

Thanks everyone!

Chris: Haven't tried that -- J suggested maybe freezing the tofu, to make it more chewy, before trying this recipe again. He said it was pretty good, he'd eat it again ;o)