Sunday, February 25, 2018

bits

Uprooted by Naomi Novik was a good book.  I really liked the original-to-the-magician magic types, where each had their own natural style of magic.  It was a really epic fantasy tale.

Winner of the Nebula Award, really worth the buy 

Thinking more about the garden.  Also had a friend out and she was considering coming to help us at times this year with the garden in exchange for some of the produce.  It would be a good learning experience for her, too.  She helped me clean a few things out of the garden in prep for work later.

Started my Alaskan peas germinating.  Hopefully by the end of the week I can dig a small area up and put them out there.  Looking into a mini cultivator tool to work on areas like that.

Found my morning glory and moonflower seeds, bought some zinnia and cosmo seeds.  The other day I went through the seeds and picked out a lot of things into the 'this year' bucket.

Tied up three washcloths and a sock the other day, so much yarn and I'm not really sure if there is anything I 'need' to do with it.. but those things worked.  There is a blanket I've been working on for years taking up much of my table.  I'm not sure if it is quite large enough to be useful yet.

Started the keto diet again on 2/20 and again I'm going with the 'high' version, of 50 carbs or less... and only testing my day's worth of food every other day or so (because the app annoys me not letting me put in half servings of things with the keyboard not having a decimal point).  Friend is going to try going for it too but I keep urging her to ease into it, don't just go all out and crash.

No comments: