Wednesday, February 14, 2018

bits on Valentine's Day

Mark had bought a refurbished tablet and I spent part of the morning setting all of my programs and logins to it.  I like that the Kindle app picked up where I was in my actual Kindle in the book and moved me to that page as soon as I started to move it forward.  We took Esme out and bought a drone toy partly for Valentne's but also for her having all A's this report card.  She stuck her hand in the garage door trying to put her bike away but it is okay - just bruises by the fingernails.  We bought an evil complicated puzzle for Grandma and brought it to her.  Mark made excellent cheeseburgers for all of us for dinner.

I finished reading the book 'Everything Solid has a Shadow' by Michael Antman.  I was feeling at once that the subject matter was too harsh and depressing but the character's voice kept me going on it - like he needed to be evolved and wanted to do something to bring himself out of this lost state he was in.  I had opened another book a few days ago, spent about ten minutes reading it and then actually clicked back onto this one and just had to keep reading.  I'm glad I finished it.  It resolved in a completely unexpected way that made me feel hopeful - for the character - and maybe even for people in general.  Anyway, it is hard to explain it, but it really is an excellent book.

I've got two childrens' young adult books lined up now that were both award winners.  They are library, so I'll have to read them next.

Esme and I are building a complicated house in Minecraft, and we have a new mod that has new plants and wood types and landforms.  It is really interesting, especially mixed with the Harvest 'farming' mod we had already installed.

No comments: