Friday, September 27, 2013

tiny bits

We started Wind in the Willows on a reminder from Grandma that it is in the same set as the Wizard of Oz.. I'm reading it to her and explaining words she doesn't know, like 'predicament', 'delighted', 'fascinated'... see if she absorbs any of it.  Esme got two 'happy faces' for the week, which means no time out for those days, and about evened out the actual time from last week even so... but to celebrate we went out to the fast food with the playplace, and returned our books at the library.  The Jacqueline Kelly book 'Return to the Willows' was one that I picked up at the library, which led to finding the original in her set.  While at the library Esme actually went and picked a book out this time, instead of beelining for the blocks and computers.  That is something to note.  She picked out a Clifford book, and I found two more appropriate 'read it together/myself' variations.  She heard me tell Grandma that she needs more book than what they were giving her at school.. she made sure to lean forward in the car and say she heard that - she needs more books.  She has told me more about where things are at school, her cubbie, her pouch in her chair, her hook on the wall.  I like hearing her describe those clearly.  She is working on her letters and on following directions a bit better.

Need to start looking at counting by 10s.  After we got home, Esme was very sweet before we went to the lake she brought us both drinks again - she keeps bringing me the green ones because she knows they are my favorite - green things etc.. *ha*  but I poured up tea this time instead.  She ran laps at the lake, we rowed the boat a little, then home for an apple pie and cartoons.

I work the weekend, and have I think Tuesday and Wednesday off.  I should sew out of my fabric pile but it appears I'm still recuperating a little because I chose Minecraft instead today.  Also starting to have inklings of organizing a few things for birthday... but definitely not doing a child herding experiment.. might just have her give out cupcakes and light sticks at school and then get a few presents after school at her Grandma's house with a homemade cake again.

I dropped my ring downstairs and Esme helped me find it.  She asked me where the writing was in it - to say I was married to Daddy.  I told her there was no writing in it, it was something I remembered each time I looked at it...and Daddy had one that looked like it, and they matched.  I said maybe someday she would have a baby and a ring that said she was married to someone...when she was all grown up,  to which she stood up straight and said 'I will tell the baby 'no no you be good' and it will look at me, and the little child - that is mine - that child, will it be a boy, or a girl?  Which one Mama?'  I told her she will have to wait to find that out - a long time... and she seemed satisfied with the idea.  


No comments: