Sunday, August 19, 2012

Stage 3 of Esme's room.. big changes



We still need some hooks on the walls, her dry erase board, maybe another lamp, to decide if we will bring in another desk and also to hang her decorations from the ceiling. Her bed, dressers, a nightstand table and her nightlights went in today. She will sleep there tonight - and I have tomorrow off in case it is a sleepless night. She has been in a very bad mood all day today, ever since she spilled her cereal early in the morning (upstairs, not in the room) and she has had a few accidents today, as well. I've been 'getting on her case' about the latter and she is not happy at all that 'Mama is mean.' etc.. Grandma and Daddy have both had talks with her, which helps because usually I am the 'bad guy' or it feels like it, and lately she has been playing that one up big saying she doesn't like me, and wants to live elsewhere. That is one of the reasons I'm working to get her own space - she spends a lot of time lately 'being mad at you', and I wanted to be able to say 'go to your room and do that.' haha.. well, you might know what I mean. She needs her own space, to be hers - and to go close her door and do her own thing. But, also, that is new for her in a way - she isn't sure what to think about it herself.



She took a nap in here earlier after being mad at ME because Grandma was busy at her house.


Grandma did come to see her new room, as she had promised.



'Now all the kids can find me', she said.
Mama made this.


I also started making her big winter quilt today. I am down to making the bound edges and then do the inner quilting and wash it. I know part of her upset today was the anxiety of the big changes, and also some days it's that I do projects while still playing with her - and it splits my attention... but it is better than not giving her my attention at all - or being gone. And it gets things done.

1 comment:

ElizabethEK said...

It looks awesome! And the sign you made is great.