Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stage 2 of Esme's room is looking good



Hung several of the shelves we had painted the other day. Today, Mark and I closed up some unused closet space in this room with a sheet of panelling. We can't finish it out to be a closet at this time. I plan to get a sheet of dry-erase board and edge it in wooden trim. It will look like it was meant to be this way (and cover up a small hole in the wall) I am filtering her items from her current space down here, trying to get some sort of organization idea going on.. yes that may be a lost cause! Grandma also gave us a blue trunk today, which I cleaned up and put most of Esme's loose toys into, except the 'special' ones, which are in the cardboard bookcase I made by her table. She also said we could have a small metal desk in the office which we are thinking to put in the back corner (shown later) to put Esme's laptop on and serve her for years to come as a place to do schoolwork and other things.


Mark says: It will never be this organized again, ever...
I don't expect it to, but we can start out with things 'fitting' somewhere...




Loose bits and a 'ticket box' Esme and I made. It has a window cut out on the other side and she was pretending to sell tickets to movies inside it. She helped me paint it with the same paint for the shelves and another little bottle of bluegreen. The pink vinyl rocker chair is new, and this was the box ;) Esme has asked for me to make her a big blanket to have on the chair as well... we'll see about that later. Her bed and dresser and some peg hooks are planned to go in the other back corner... I have another poster ordered for her wall and thoughts of things we could paint as well.



My garden was waiting for me... yellow tomatoes, eggplant, lima beans, peppers and I brought in the brown sorghum to hang in the storage room.

No comments: